Can a Customer take their IP's with them? (Court says yes!)

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Tue Jun 29 04:57:25 UTC 2004

Regardless, this is not a telephony issue ("Can I take my cell
number with me?"), as the courts as seem disposed to diagnose
these days, but rather, a technical one insofar as the IP routing
table efficiency.

"Friends of the court" won't work here unless the technical
implications are presented in pablum form, methinks.

This is indeed a technical, as well as as an engineering issue
(before someone starts yelling about this thread being off-topic).

FWIW, and pssing into the wind, the U.S. Courts need a real dose
of reality anyways WRT attempting to legislate chaos.

My $.02,

- ferg

-- "william(at)elan.net" <william at elan.net> wrote:

What you really should try is to have ARIN provide "friend of the court"
brief and to explain to judge policies and rules in regards to ip space,
so you need to have your laywer get in touch with ARIN's lawyer. You can
probably even force them to provide a statement or testimony (if they
don't volunterily) as part of discovery process.

P.S. You might as well provide name of the customer now. Since its gone
through court, its all now public info (i.e. TRO) anyway.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or
 fergdawg at sbcglobal.net