Can a Customer take their IP's with them? (Court says yes!)

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Tue Jun 29 03:33:47 UTC 2004

Of course, this is only possible with NAT at the customer edge.

Otherwise, it expands the size of the global routing system
exponentially.

- ferg

-- Alex Rubenstein <alex at nac.net> wrote:

As you can see, this TRO has widespread effects, and is something that
everyone in the industry could be affected by. If this precedent is set,
you will soon have everyone acting as if IP's are property, and
something that they are entitled to. I ask for input from everyone in
the community on this. We don't think we're crazy, but want to make
sure.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or