Persistent DNS Zone Transfer Attempts from IP 128.232.0.31

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sat Jun 26 16:30:25 UTC 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Jon R. Kibler wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Anyone know anything about IP 128.232.0.31?
> > # host 128.232.0.31
> > 31.0.232.128.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer dns-probe.srg.cl.cam.ac.uk.
> >

> We have been getting persistent zone transfer attempts that originate
> from this IP address. We have had repeated zone transfer attempts

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/

A search for:
128.232.0.31 axfr
brings up the one and only relevant hit.  Too bad the IP isn't a "word" or
this would be a googlewhack.

If you really are seeing persistent requests from them (they say you
shouldn't) then you ought to contact them, provide logs, and show them
that their probe may be malfunctioning.

  Our probe is very polite - if it has been turned away by a server, it
  will not normally contact that server again.