Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

Jerry Eyers jeyers at sloancc.net
Fri Jun 25 17:34:08 UTC 2004

>Do you really think that if we publish all the insecurities of the
>Internet infrastructure that anyone is gonna stop using it, or
>business, government, and private citizens are going to quit depending
>on it?

That is a totally foolish statement in today's world.  The incentive for
fixing the problem is going to be the competition's ability to say that
they do not suffer from the specified problem.  Market forces will push
on the area of problem and force a solution.

To take away the exposure limits the incentive to fix the problem.
Companies are not going to spend $$ on something that does not
directly effect the income.  Reporting your problems to someone
who doesn't effect the income isn't going to result in the fixing of
any problems.

One only has to look at the telephone history to see that.

Jerry