Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at wvi.com
Fri Jun 25 17:13:52 UTC 2004

** Reply to message from Michael.Dillon at radianz.com on Fri, 25 Jun 2004
17:12:45 +0100

> Remember, that packet switched networking
> originated with the desire to build a telecom
> network that could survive massive destruction
> on the scale of a nuclear war, but continue to
> function. If we apply that kind of thinking to
> planning network deployment then there should be
> little extra risk from terrorist knowing where
> the vulnerable points are. Spread the risk
> by spreading the vulnerable points.

I thought the old "nuclear survivable" argument was killed off years
ago - I seem to rember it being refuted in "Where Wizards Stay Up Late."

Packet switched networking originated with a desire to see if it would
work....

And you are welcome to assume the expense of spreading the vulnerable
points.

--
Jeff Shultz
A railfan pulls up to a RR crossing hoping that