SprintPCS spam policies

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Fri Jun 25 03:02:02 UTC 2004

Eric Kuhnke  writes on 6/25/2004 5:44 AM:

> As a non-sprint-related side note, I know of somebody whose AT&T
> Wireless phone service was rendered completely unusable by incoming spam
> via the email-to-SMS gateway.  The typical rate was one message every 30
> minutes, the only solution offered by customer service was to change the
> phone number.   Has anyone ever encountered spammers doing a dictionary
> attack (emailing all 9999 phone numbers in a NXX) via email-to-SMS
> gateways?

I used to run an email to sms gateway at a previous job (where we
consulted for one of india's largest mobile phone providers)

I was seeing multiple instances of this even 4..5 years ago.

	srs

--
suresh ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com gpg EDEDEFB9
manager, security and antispam operations, outblaze ltd