Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Thu Jun 24 22:42:45 UTC 2004

At 02:36 PM 6/24/2004, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
>On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Ben Browning wrote:
>

> > >like showing that the spammer was actually sending enough of a volume to
> > >swamp their core routers....
> >
> > Likewise, I imagine MCI could argue that the damage is to their core
> > product; namely, the trust of other ISPs and their willingness to exchange
> > traffic with MCI.
>
>you mean the phone companies we do business with?

No, I mean the internet. (Hence, ISPs). Your product, in the context of
this discussion anyways, is access to the internet. When the actions of a
downstream damage that product(IE more and more networks nullroute UUNet
traffic), I would assume that you have appropriate privilege to toss them
overboard in the contracts.

IANAL, though.

~Ben
---