Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

Paul G paul at rusko.us
Thu Jun 24 22:05:29 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow at mci.com>
To: "Ben Browning" <benb at theriver.com>
Cc: "Dr. Jeffrey Race" <jrace at attglobal.net>; <nanog at merit.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

--- snipped ---

> this is not entirely true, a majority of these far-end customers are
> paying the same price regardless of utilization. Even the utilization
> charged customers are not having their 95th Percentile changed because of
> spam, or that'd be my guess. In the end there is no money for mci from
> spammers.

agreed, in the majority of the cases. on the other had, implementing the
FUSSP jrace proposed would cost mci (or any other carrier) revenue as they
would be seen as frothing-at-the-mouth fanatics that present a business risk
when used for upstream transit even for folks that run clean networks and
deal with abuse complaints properly.

and yes, it's time for this thread to die.

paul