Homeland Security now wants to restrict outage notifications

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jun 24 19:24:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:27:10 PDT, Jeff Shultz <jeffshultz at wvi.com>  said:

> The DHS is doing what it is paid to do: Look for the worst case
> scenario, predict the damage.

At some point, somebody with some sanity needs to look at the proposal, and say
"If we think we have to resort to this, then the terrorists have already won".

> And the reporting requirements that the DHS is arguing against _aren't
> even in effect yet._

Wander over to www.chillingeffects.org or Ed Felton's www.freedom-to-tinker.org
or any number of other sites that keep track of just how much trouble can be
caused by the *threat* or *suggestion* of something....