Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jun 24 18:16:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:22:02 +0700, "Dr. Jeffrey Race" <jrace at attglobal.net>  said:

> Not at all.  You can terminate for actions prejudicial to the safety and security
> of the system.   Has nothing to do with anti-trust.

I suspect that the spammer can find a lawyer who is willing to argue the idea
that the "safety and security" of the AS701 backbone was not prejudiced by
the spammer's actions, unless AS701 is able to show mtrg graphs and the
like showing that the spammer was actually sending enough of a volume to
swamp their core routers....

And of course, none of the Tier-1's wants to argue in court that one spammer is
able to present enough of a load to jeopardize their network stability, when
even large DDoS attacks usually aren't much of a blip except near the victim
node...