Can a customer take IP's with them?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Thu Jun 24 01:12:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:25:45 -0700 David Schwartz <davids at webmaster.com> wrote:
> 	The reason I'm pointing out which strategies are unlikely to work is not
> because I hope they won't work but because I want him to make sure to
> emphasize the strongest possible arguments. IMO, these are:

you omit argument 4:

a TRO against nacs.net has no effect on the behavior of providers
such as verio who won't honor the advertisement of the subnet
in BGP. the customer would have to, one-by-one i think, go after
everybody with the relatively common policy of ignoring such
advertisements (isn't sprint one of these? that'd be a pretty big
hunk of internet to be disconnected from. sprint having no
contractual relationship with the idiot, er, customer in question,
it'd be hard for the customer to get anywhere there.)

in other words, by itself the requested TRO incompletely solves
the problem, making it fairly pointless.

richard
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net