Unplugging spamming PCs

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Wed Jun 23 19:27:43 UTC 2004

At 10:07 AM 6/23/2004, Sam Hayes Merritt, III wrote:
>That is still reactive (first the abuse has to occur, then you try and
>filter anymore from occuring), at least they might be now be doing
>something that everyone else has been doing for years.

To me, this smacks of an intent to continue ignoring the root cause of the
problem(the box is 0wnz0r3d) and just shoving it under the rug. When these
customers move to another provider, they will still have the problem, and
the cost of educating the customer (w/r/t spam, virii, etc) gets shunted to
the next ISP the customer moves to.

~Ben
---
    Ben Browning <benb at theriver.com>