Can a customer take IP's with them?

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Jun 23 17:35:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:53:27 -0400 (EDT) Krzysztof Adamski <k at adamski.org> wrote:
> Since this customer has it's own space now, and as long as it is as large
> as the NAC space, they can do a simple 1-to-1 NAT at the border. This
> should minimise the hardship to them drastically.

er, right. as long as the customer in question never needs to talk
to whoever NAC reassigns the space to.

i had a customer once who had, for no reason they could
ever clearly explain, arbitrarily used ericson's IP space for
their own internal network. as long as they didn't need to talk
to ericson they were ok (yes, they used NAT at the border,
but we needed to see their internal IP address space, which
made for some serious annoyance.)

richard
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net