new operationally relevant papers from caida

k claffy kc at caida.org
Wed Jun 23 15:18:09 UTC 2004

CAIDA/UCSD:  "Building a Better Netflow"
	http://www.caida.org/outreach/papers/2004/betternetflow/
	to be presented at Sigcomm 2004
	http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigcomm/sigcomm2004/

(we can write the papers, but you customers have to insist
on vendors improving measurement.  pass on the word if not
the pdf file along w your zillion dollar purchase order. :) )

MeasurementFactory/CAIDA (Duane Wessels):
	"Is Your Caching Resolver Polluting the Internet?"
	http://www.caida.org/outreach/papers/2004/dns-pollution/
	to be presented at Sigcomm 2004 troubleshooting workshop:
	http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigcomm/sigcomm2004/netts.html

WIDE/CAIDA: "Identifying IPv6 Network Problems in the Dual-Stack World"
	[URL up at http://www.caida.org/outreach/papers/ in a few days,
	same workshop as above]

[a workshop i reckon thoughtful NANOGers might enjoy attending
as well as offer mutually valuable insights to other attendees;
papers will be posted there eventually courtesy ACM]

see http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigcomm/sigcomm2004/workshops.html
for other sigcomm workshops you might find an interesting source
as well as destination of insights.

less operationally relevant, but for those who care about
what's afoot at CAIDA:

----- Forwarded message from k claffy <kc at caida.org> -----