Verisign vs. ICANN

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Sat Jun 19 23:18:28 UTC 2004

Hi Alexei,
 I do not believe there is any technical spec prohibiting this, in fact that DNS
can use a wildcard at any level is what enables the facility. I think this is a
non-technical argument.. altho it was demonstrated that owing to the age and
status of the com/net zones a number of systems are now in operation which make
assumptions about the response in the event of the domain not existing...

Steve