[Fwd: [IP] Feds: VoIP a potential haven for terrorists]

Rob Nelson ronelson at vt.edu
Sat Jun 19 00:44:33 UTC 2004

 > One thing is very clear, however; if the industry doesn't come up with a
 > working solution first, we will certainly have something unworkable shoved
 > down our throats by Congress, the FCC, and the FBI.

On the other hand, since you'll have to wait for 10 years in line behind
all the other "broadband service providers" that the FBI would be arresting
for non-compliance, you might not have to worry about it. Or you could wait
for all the court cases that go first claiming that Voice Chat on IM is not
related to VoIP. Perhaps we'll even get to see a court case where a
President has phone sex on a VoIP line ;)

Rob Nelson
ronelson at vt.edu