Verisign vs. ICANN

Ariel Biener ariel at fireball.tau.ac.il
Fri Jun 18 18:16:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Jeff Shultz wrote:

> I'm having fun figuring out how altering BIND (since I assume that is
> the basis of their arguements) rises to the level of conspiracy...
> IANAL, obviously.

I read you loud and clear. I believe most rational people among us do, see
below.

<sarcasm>
Oh my, a vendor that actually listens to the cryout of its customers. That
cannot be tolerated.
</sarcasm>

This, in my own humble opinion, climbs slowly but surely to the levels of
being ridiculous. Paul did exactly what any good vendor would do. If many
customers or users asked for a feature, the vendor would issue the
feature. It is the administrators choice to use the feature. As such, it
is not the vendors fault in any way.

After the courts drop this one as well, I am curious what will be the next
Verisign idea. They (read: their lawyers) have proved themselves to be
full of bright ideas (that lead to a dead end due to irrationality), and I
am curious to see what's next.

happy sailing,

--Ariel

--