Verisign vs. ICANN

Edward B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Fri Jun 18 17:02:46 UTC 2004

PV> Date: 18 Jun 2004 16:44:41 +0000
PV> From: Paul Vixie

PV> i think they mean ns-ext.isc.org (or its old name, ns-ext.vix.com),
PV> which offers "TLD hosting" without fee to about 60 domains:

[ snip ]

PV> if it's not that, then perhaps they're just smoking crack.

Still a bit of a stretch.  They receive money for registered
domains (and attempted to for unregistered domains) in the .COM
and .NET namespaces.  If you're offering the same, you've done a
very poor job capturing market share. ;)

Although IMHO not related due to differences in service
offerings, this reminds me of Microsoft's argument that, although
Sun and Corel had hardly any market share, they were competitors.
Has there ever been any official ruling on size requirements for
one to be considered competition?

Eddy
--
EverQuick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/