Pushing GTLD zones [WAS: Akamai DNS Issue?]

Joel Perez jperez at uspgi.com
Fri Jun 18 12:21:06 UTC 2004

He, He! :)

-------------------------------------
Joel Perez        | Network Engineer
jperez at uspgi.com  | www.USPGI.com
-------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog at merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog at merit.edu] On Behalf Of
Paul Vixie
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 2:00 PM
To: nanog at merit.edu
Subject: Re: Pushing GTLD zones [WAS: Akamai DNS Issue?]

> > 	think stability.
>
> I think recent events prove pretty well that Verisign GRS no longer
> gives a crap about stability.  Have we forgotten *.COM so quickly?

oh please.  i was an publically critical of *.COM and *.NET, but that's
a policy problem, not an operational problem.  verisign has a very good
record for name server uptime, both at the TLD and root level.  if
you're going to complain about their wildcard policies, please be
specific.

(note that verisign has amended their complaint against icann (since the
court dismissed the first one) and i'm now named as a co-conspirator.
if you reply to this message, there's a good chance of your e-mail
appearing in court filings at some point.)
--
Paul Vixie