Verisign vs. ICANN

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Fri Jun 18 00:36:54 UTC 2004

>Anything I/we can do to help the cause?
>
>Bob Martin

yes..... I almost missed this one.

There are few entities  for which i have more contempt than ICANN.

But verisign heads the more contempt than ICANN list by several
orders of magnitude.

in my estimation it would like to control telecom by control of the
numbers associated therewith.

In addition to the present issue which owen de long described here
masterfully last fall, verisign's alliance with EPC global at some
point in the future could give it huge power in supply chain rfid
numbering systems.  Finally there is something doing in the voip area
that i am not clear on at all but which i didn't like the sound of
when i read the description.   I am tying to stay away from this
cesspool.  It brings no income - only grief.  But, knowing what i
know, i am remiss if i don't stick my head up here.

  I go waaayyyy back with network solutions to 1994 actually and i
keep damned good archives. If I can assist Paul or the anti-verisign
part of this case in building the details of the history of who did
what to whom, I gladly will do so

>Quoted from different thread:
>
>>(note that verisign has amended their complaint against icann (since the
>>court dismissed the first one) and i'm now named as a co-conspirator.  if
>>you reply to this message, there's a good chance of your e-mail appearing
>>in court filings at some point.)
>>-- Paul Vixie

hole of best
effort networks at: http://cookreport.com/13.04.shtml  E-mail