Yahoo mail public notice of problems ?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Jun 17 19:00:54 UTC 2004

Is there a notice I can point non Yahoo Mail customers to explaining why
there are delivery delays? We are seeing a lot of stalled deliveries again,
and it would be nice to point to an explanation by yahoo as to whats up

Stalls are both at the banner not coming up

marble% time telnet mx1.mail.yahoo.com smtp
Trying 64.156.215.19...
Connected to mx1.mail.yahoo.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet> close
Connection closed.
0.006u 0.000s 12:07.77 0.0%     0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w
marble%

Or at the application layer with temp failures

mta103.mail.sc5.yahoo.com Resources temporarily unavailable. Please
try again later [#4.16.3].

I checked from another network totally independent of mine and they too are
seeing similar problems.

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike