AOL

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Thu Jun 17 07:00:19 UTC 2004

Rob Nelson wrote:

>> Eventually all the "bad" customers end up with the same ISP, then
>> filtering is as easy as running loose uRPF and filtering on their AS
>> on input.
>

> And that's why we can all safely dump anything from aol.com into
> /dev/null, right? ;)

That´s somewhat to the same urban legends of spam being sourced off Asia
instead of Florida. In our research which compares a few metrics to the
number of  incidents exceeding certain tresholds AOL (if we´re talking
about AS1668 here) comes up quite favourably. Not your model student but
compared to a lot of population out there, very nice.

Pete