Akamai DNS Issue?

Patrick W.Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Jun 16 21:32:56 UTC 2004

On Jun 16, 2004, at 1:26 PM, Pete Schroebel wrote:

> With the Akamai issue we were seeing only partial resolution and since
> we
> pay Google a big wack of dough each month it is important for there
> network
> to resolve. Additionally, we have the same contracts with
> Overture/Yahoo/SBC
> so they are equally important. We even went as far as asking Paul
> Vixie if
> we were routed to the blackhole. It is the same issue, just a different
> flavor.

I really hate getting into flame wars, but I am interested in data
about this last event.

You say "it is the same issue, just a different flavor".  I am
wondering if you meant the problem Tuesday morning is the same problem
you had weeks ago, or if the problem you had weeks ago is the same as
the problem you are having with Overture / Yahoo / SBC?  It is unclear
to me exactly what you meant, and "Details are Important". :)

If you honestly believe you had the same problem weeks ago that
everyone else experienced Tuesday morning, please give us some more
information.  I do not believe Akamai has ever had the type of problem
experienced yesterday.

--
TTFN,
patrick