Akamai DNS Issue?

Pete Schroebel crossfire at smsonline.net
Wed Jun 16 17:26:52 UTC 2004

> > I saw this coming two days ago but, nobody ["Called"]. Akamai's DNS was
> > failing apart and we thought that we were just being dns blackhole!
>
> No, you didn't.  You saw a different problem, asked me about it, and
didn't
> send back any of the info I asked for.
>
> Don't let truth and facts get in the way of a good theory though!

Nope . . .  Nobody "Called" (using the Telephone)  [Details are Important]
And . .  I did reply to your e-mail, you may not have recieved it.
Currently, I am working with AOL's ATDN with Compuserve Legacy (Ddos) and
DNS Attacks as their "internal-only" servers are issuing attacks.

With the Akamai issue we were seeing only partial resolution and since we
pay Google a big wack of dough each month it is important for there network
to resolve. Additionally, we have the same contracts with Overture/Yahoo/SBC
so they are equally important. We even went as far as asking Paul Vixie if
we were routed to the blackhole. It is the same issue, just a different
flavor.

-Peter