Akamai an Inside Job?

Rodney Green rgreen at trayerproducts.com
Wed Jun 16 16:37:27 UTC 2004

He did provide a link

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog at merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog at merit.edu] On Behalf Of
dunger-nanog1087 at mailblocks.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:20 PM
To: nanog at merit.edu
Subject: RE: Akamai an Inside Job?

David Kennedy CISSP wrote:

 > The Akamai attacks started in the morning and it was detected by
  > Keynote Systems, a web tracking company that is able to track the
load
 > and bandwidth on the Internet. According to Keynote they saw
 > an "Internet performance issue" this morning

  Here's a link to a Reuter's article with official quotes from Keynote
Systems: http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040615/tech_internet_1.html Keynote
saw availability of Yahoo, Microsoft and Google drop to near-zero.

 I have no clue where David got the information that:
 > They have tracked the attacker back to person that is at the Akamai
 > Technologies ISP. No other information has been given to us at this
 > time.

 That tidbit didn't come from Keynote. Can you provide a link, David?

  -DaveU