"Default" Internet Service (was: Re: Points on your Internet

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Jun 13 16:35:09 UTC 2004

> the 'customer' is most often NOT the 'miscreant', they are more often than
> not your mother/sister/brother/innocent-user#35 penalizing them is a
> touchy proposition.

Well... I suggested that there should be a one-incident free policy at the
beginning of this process.  I'll stick to that.  In that case, the customer
that is my mother/sister/brother/innocent-user#35 gets an education and
knows that they need to work to prevent this in the future.  If they fail
to do so, then they pay the cleanup costs.  Seems perfectly reasonable to
me.  I have no problem with that model.

Owen