"Default" Internet Service (was: Re: Points on your Internet driver's license)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Jun 13 16:15:16 UTC 2004

I fully expect my ISP to turn me off if my site starts spewing abuse.
However,
until that happens, I expect my ISP to deliver any valid IP datagram
destined
for me, and, I expect to them to deliver any valid IP datagram I send out,
at least to the next AS in the path to the destination.

If they turn me off for spewing abuse, I expect them to immediately contact
me and provide as much information as they have about the nature of the
problem.  I think expect that it is my responsibility to identify and
correct
the problem, notify my ISP, and wait a reasonable amount of time (possibly
as much as 24-48 hours) for them to turn me back on.

So far, this hasn't been a problem.

Owen

--On Saturday, June 12, 2004 9:54 PM -0400 John Curran <jcurran at istaff.org>