AboveNet major backbone issues

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Sat Jun 12 21:25:10 UTC 2004

In a message written on Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 01:02:54PM -0500, Edward Henigin wrote:
> Anyone have any more information?  Leo?

We loaded some global config changes last night.  Sometime after
they were loaded BadThings(tm) happened.  We're still working with
vendors to find the exact causes and ensure that we don't have
further problems going forward.

Things appear stable at this time, but we may have to make additional
changes depending on what the vendors tell us to work around the
issues involved.  The plan is still evolving, and I'm not leading
that charge so I have limited data at this time.

Customers who have problems should send in a traceroute (bidirectional
if at all possible) to the usual support channels.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes your the bug.