Points on your Internet driver's license (was RE: Even you can be

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Sat Jun 12 13:53:25 UTC 2004

> Been there, done that.  Got any new ideas?

Provide a safe network connection. I believe an ISP should provide a safe
environment to play, assuming the customer is innocent granny. Your
average DSL network connection should be safe by default, so a default
Win98 (or any other OS) can be connected without fear of compromise.

I really don't agree with the "Internet driver's license" concept as
presented. It really is not an "Internet driver's license" but a
"Microsoft Safe Operating License". A one fits all type arrangement. Who
sets the standard?

The plug that connects to the internet world needs to scale with the level
of expertise of the user. This needs to include a beginners level for the
clueless with safe email and safe browsing.

Adi