Even you can be hacked

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 21:52:18 UTC 2004

Henry,
 from the email address I'm assuming youre not trolling and are therefore
missing a few facts,

IP!=IPX, that is.. ports arent in the routing table

It is not the ports below that cause the security issues, it is the applications
which are using them, you need to either fix the apps or take the apps off the
Internet

Nobody owns ports, they are arbitrary, some may get given a special purpose by
the IANA but theres nothing to say they -have- to use those numbers.. therefore
you cannot get a list of them.. and if they're dynamic or private (if I
understand what you mean) then by defintion they arent static and cant be
documented?

Steve