[OnTopic] common list sense and responsibility

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Jun 11 17:26:03 UTC 2004

My last on the topic--maybe even the list.

I take the responsibilty for a number of things, depending on
the topic of the discussion.

In the case of email conversations, particularly email
converations on mailing lists, I think there are
responsibilites on the author to:

Delete all the baggage that has accumulated that is not relevant
to the instant message, like the addresses in excess of the intended
recipent or recipient-list, like the material that is not the
object of the current comments, like the collection of cute .sig
things that were not separated by a proper separator or not dropped
by a proper mailer.  (And it happens that I am reduced to using
Netscape as a mailer, and to the best of my ability I have not
found a way to add not-required headers to the messages.)

But I'm big on "responsibility" and I understand that I am pretty
close to alone here on that.

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio