[OnTopic] common list sense (Re: Even you can be hacked)

Paul Jakma paul at clubi.ie
Fri Jun 11 17:20:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:

> Or the document a little out-dated and replaced.  But not your
> responsibility huh?

822 might have been superceded, yes, however no newer standards track
RFC has made Reply-to obsolete. My point was that Reply-to isnt
something new, it's something I'd expect anyone on a network ops
mailling list to know about and be able to use.

(if they really wish to run the risk of other people accidently
mailling private correspondence to the Reply-To address).

NB: The other thing you can do is filter your email into seperate
mailboxes, eg each list into a seperate folder. If you do this, the
direct copy will become useful.

regards,
 	warning: do not ever send email to spam at dishone.st
Fortune: