[OnTopic] common list sense (Re: Even you can be hacked)

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Jun 11 16:50:26 UTC 2004

Paul Jakma wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Why do I have to get two and three copies of each of these?
>

> Because you havn't set a Reply-To header? Eg with the list as address?
>
>> I'm on the list folks, if you send it to the list I'll get it.  I
>> don't need a copy to the list and Cc:'s until the end of time.
>

> Then set a Reply-To. Pretty simple..
>
> regards,

Really?  My responsibility to make sure you control your outbound
mail.  Got it.

Oh.  Any suggestions on how to do that using my mailer?

And I'll delete the other copy you sent me for you.

Where is RFC 2821 is this requirement, by the way?  RFC 2822
says it is optional but seems to be less than useful in the
context here.

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio