TCP-ACK vulnerability (was RE: SSH on the router)

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Fri Jun 11 07:46:49 UTC 2004

I saw a few hackers (in sniffers, computers and personally), but I never saw
anyone doing some hack without the reasons.
Usually, if you do not see a reason, it is _your_ misunderstanding.

Of course, reason can be as simple as _I have MS_ or as complicated as _here
is my girlfriend, and if this system went down, she will be released
earlier_ -:) /most common reason was, yep, _getting IRC control_).

This allows to subtract (1) from severity , for this particular case.