Even you can be hacked

Patrick W.Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Jun 11 02:51:04 UTC 2004

On Jun 10, 2004, at 10:21 PM, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:

> David Schwartz wrote:
>
>>> On Jun 10, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:
>>> The "victim" in the case Sean posted knew he had a worm, got some of
>>> his first bill forgiven, yet did nothing to correct it and acts
>>> surprised when the same thing happens the next month.  YES, he is at
>>> fault.  Anyone who thinks differently .. uh .. can I buy b/w from
>>> you?
>>> :)  Oh, and since you feel responsible, I'm only going to pay for the
>>> amount of traffic I think I should have gotten on my web page, even
>>> if
>>> I get /.'ed or something.  Does $25/Mbps sound good?  I plan to use
>>> about 1 Mbps, but I will need an un-rate-limited GigE connection.
>
> I do not believe there is credible evidence that I wrote any of that.

No, I did.  Not sure why it got quoted as you, especially since I did
not even see David's post quoting it.

Back on topic, offer still stands.  Who wants to sell me b/w and take
responsibility for anything over what I expect to get / send?  It seems
there are several people on this list who think the user is not
responsible for things like attack traffic, and I would very much like
to purchase the services of one or more of them.

--
TTFN,
patrick