Even you can be hacked

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Jun 10 22:25:40 UTC 2004

Andy Dills wrote:

> Keep in mind, this guy's ISP, like many (most?) ISPs would do, gave the
> guy a serious break on the first jaw-dropping bill.

Why do I have to get two and three copies of each of these?  I'm on
the list folks, if you send it to the list I'll get it.  I don't need
a copy to the list and Cc:'s until the end of time.

But since I am here, let me also ask that we kee in mind, that if this
guy is anyting like folks close to home here, his ISP requires him
to run a current version of IE, OE and NT of some kind.

He hooked that up, his ISP delivered a a successful attack on the
combination.

Now, let's stop the movie and identify the negligent parties and
the responsible parties.  No huge bill yet, no infected anybody
else yet.

--
Requiescas in pace o email

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio