Even you can be hacked

Crist Clark crist.clark at globalstar.com
Thu Jun 10 20:17:46 UTC 2004

Sean Donelan wrote:

> If you leave your lights on, the electric company will send you a bill.

If the neighbor taps into your power lines after the meter...?

> If you leave your faucets running, the water company will send you a bill.
> If you leave your computer infected, ???

If you lose your credit card and someone runs up thousands of dollars
in charges, the credit card company sends you a bill... But you can at
most be held responsible for $50.

Does that really mean anything with respect to Mr. Donelan's quoted
article? Not really. But neither do electric and water bills.

I have some sympathy for the malware victim. But I don't expect the
ISP to eat all of the costs. The article is more balanced than the
selected quotes portray.
Crist J. Clark                               crist.clark at globalstar.com
Globalstar Communications                                (408) 933-4387