Even you can be hacked

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at wvi.com
Thu Jun 10 18:19:56 UTC 2004

** Reply to message from "Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr."
<LarrySheldon at cox.net> on Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:06:43 -0500

> Jeff Shultz wrote:
>

> > But ultimately, _you_ are responsible for your own systems.
>
> Even if the water company is sending me 85% TriChlorEthane?
>
> Right.  Got it.  The victim is always responsible.
>
> There you have it folks.

A. Straw man
B. Apple/Kumquat arguement

Who is the victim here? The user who's computer was infected due to
their own lack of responsibilty (and was not fixed... remember that
part, _was_not_fixed_), or the ISP who isn't going to get a rebate on
their upstream bandwidth bill that was in turn inflated by that
customer.

--
Jeff Shultz
A railfan pulls up to a RR crossing hoping that