Even you can be hacked

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Thu Jun 10 18:11:08 UTC 2004

>> But ultimately, _you_ are responsible for your own systems.

When I detect abusive behavior coming from a customer site then
it is my responsibility to make sure that doesn't affect the
rest of the world.

Also, if I know how to fix it at source and the customer doesn't know
then it's my responsibility to make sure the customer has the tools
and resources to fix it.  How fast it gets fixed is not a primary
concern because of the previous paragraph.

Parallels to fire/water/electricity/etc. don't quite work
because there is a big difference between the worm that came
out yesterday and the National Electrical Codes that came out
last century.

-mark