UDP-TCP-ACK-SYN Attacks

Pete crossfire at smsonline.net
Wed Jun 9 23:30:49 UTC 2004

> > IP Permit Lists will not provide any mitigation against this
vulnerability.

> > The race is on, who will find your switches first?
>
> yes, i often wondered why the permit list allows the session to connect
then
> gives you a polite message before disconnecting.
>
> anyway this is only on catos..
>
> Steve

I have been up to my ears in UDP-TCP-ACK-SYN Attacks for a couple of weeks
now. And IP Lists are useless when the attacker base exceeds that of the
router's memory, therefore I agree.

Paul Vixie stated earlier that there were/are some "short on work" Cisco
BGP/Router Engineers here or around this channel. If that is in-fact the
case then I could use some paid help and welcome anyone that wants to strike
out on their own and hang up their own shingle.

Peter
301-340-1533