Verizon IP's and ARIN Records

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Wed Jun 9 16:29:10 UTC 2004

on Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:57:24AM -0400, Steven Champeon wrote:

> on Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 01:00:55AM -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:
> > I'm not sure what will need to happen for ARIN to understand that validity
> > and security of whois data is important and people rely on that all the
> > time and they can't just ignore these issues. Unfortunetly most people who
> > actually use their data also the ones who really dont have time or interest
> > to participate in ARIN political process and as such are not heard at all.
>
> Well, one thing that has to happen is that ISPs and co-lo providers
> (such as Inflow, our former - note /former/ - provider) need to
> "understand that validity and security of whois data is important and
> people rely on that all the time and they can't just ignore these issues".

The record I was ranting about yesterday has now been expunged, thanks
to some clueful folks at Inflow and the efforts of one Thom Smith. Many
thanks to all concerned.

Buy "Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation, 2/e" today!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159059231X/heskecominc-20/ref=nosim/