Site elimination service -:) - I received offer by 's'p'a'm'

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Sat Jun 5 06:14:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Alexei Roudnev wrote:

> Ooo, a great idea. As a result - $60 for QA, plus a chance to catch a
> criminal -:). Just as _want to test network IDS - set up IRC, join it into
> EFNet, and here you are_.
>
> Generally speaking, I think it deserves attention (this adv.).

You're assuming that this is something very new, but it has been going on
for long time on irc. If you knew right channel you can find people quite
willing to DoS somebody else for $$. That it moved to spam is unusual for
their types, but if you remember how many DoS attacks had been happening
to anti-spam sites and services, it is clear that spammers did pay some of
these criminals to do it. Probably the person responsible for this spam is
kind of middle-person who had been arranging things like this.

One note is it could be interesting to know how many emails like that had
been sent and how targeted the audience may have been.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net