Cable networks RE: best effort has economic problems, maybe OT

Curtis Maurand curtis at maurand.com
Wed Jun 2 18:09:37 UTC 2004

That's how time-warner is doing it here in Maine.  However, they've
assigned voip to its own channel while digital channels occupy another and
hdtv signals are compressed and on another, etc.  Its a 1Ghz system.
Everything on the system is IP including the control boxes.  They also
have certain video and PPV on demand as well.  Very interesting system
that serves as a model for the rest of the country.  Whatever they do they
roll it out here first and this system totally rocks.  I regularly get
downloads at 3Mbps.

Curtis

--
Curtis Maurand