Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

Hank Nussbacher hank at mail.iucc.ac.il
Wed Jun 2 18:03:42 UTC 2004

We see approximately 60-70 spoofed DDOS attacks per day at our Network
Telescope:
http://noc.ilan.net.il/research/riverhead/

The volume of backscatter we see on our "dark space" /16 is about
50kb/sec:
http://noc.ilan.net.il/stats/TAU-GIGAPOP/riverbsc-gp1.ilan.net.il.html

I have no way of proving it but I assume we see only 10% of the daily DDOS
attacks that take place on the Internet since as you state - most of the
attacks these days are from "100% valid and accurate source IP addresses".

-Hank