Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Wed Jun 2 17:57:19 UTC 2004

> Here is a great move from one of the biggest NSPs, I'm
> sure we will see L3, Sprint, UUNet and others will do
> the same soon to gain more customers since DDoS is the
> nightmare of the internet now.
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040601/nytu051a_1.html
>
> Thanks,

Forgive me for being cynical, but couldn't this just AT&T putting an IDS
in their POP (or virtually, in their POP) in front of the Customer
connections? We are all talking about huge, all encompassing solutions
to DDOS that we'd like to see... But what are the chances of that?

And is AT&T going to ignore customers that aren't subscribers of AT&T
Protect -- even though their network "is monitoring & filtering
malicious" traffic at its edges?

Deepak Jain
AiNET