Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

jeffrey.arnold jba at analogue.net
Wed Jun 2 07:39:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Eric Kuhnke wrote:

:: Major providers such as Sprint and UUNet have had null route communities
:: available for quite some time...   Unless I am mistaken?
::

quoting the press release: "The mitigation option uses the principles
of analysis, filtering, scrubbing and diversion to protect against such
attacks."

So i would guess they are using riverhead and hoping they can scale
their mitigation clusters faster than DOS kids can scale their botnets.

That said, *golf clap* for doing something. Hope their system works as
well as their marketing. :-)

-jba

:: John Obi wrote:
::
:: > Hello folks,
:: >
:: > Here is a great move from one of the biggest NSPs, I'm
:: > sure we will see L3, Sprint, UUNet and others will do
:: > the same soon to gain more customers since DDoS is the
:: > nightmare of the internet now.
:: >
:: > http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040601/nytu051a_1.html
:: >
:: > Thanks,
:: >
:: > -J
:: >
:: >
:: >
:: >
:: > Do you Yahoo!?
:: > Friends.  Fun.  Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger.
:: > http://messenger.yahoo.com/
:: >
:: >
::