Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

Simon Lockhart simon.lockhart at bbc.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 07:38:36 UTC 2004

On Wed Jun 02, 2004 at 12:29:25AM -0700, Eric Kuhnke wrote:
> Major providers such as Sprint and UUNet have had null route communities
> available for quite some time...   Unless I am mistaken?

Indeed.

However, the AT&T thing looks like a combination of Arbor PeakFlow:DoS for
automated DoS detection on the network, and what used to be Riverhead (and
now acquired by Cisco) for "traffic scrubbing" to allow normal traffic to
continue to be passed to nodes under attack.

COLT have been doing this exact same thing in the UK for a while now.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart     |   Tel: +44 (0)1628 407720 (x(01)37720) | Si fractum
Technology Manager |   Fax: +44 (0)1628 407701 (x(01)37701) | non sit, noli