botnets world and the FBI

Jamie C.Pole jpole at jcpa.com
Tue Jun 1 21:06:20 UTC 2004

On Jun 1, 2004, at 4:53 PM, Bora Akyol wrote:

> On 6/1/04 7:24 AM, "Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu" <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> To be brutal - do we really need to declare a "War on E-Crime" when
>> we're
>> still
>> fighting a War on Terrorism and a War on Drugs?
>
> How do you know they are not related.
>
> Bora

Because academics know EVERYTHING.

Let's not talk about the links between financial fraud, drugs, and
terrorism.  Of course they're related...

The majority of my forensics cases involve one or more of the above
"unrelated" wars.  The FBI is mostly clueless when it comes to these
different types of fraud, but the Secret Service most assuredly is not.

Anyone who feels compelled to complain about privacy should feel free
to move to Australia - you can't take $10.00 (AUS) out of an ATM
without the government knowing it.  In the USA, we have ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING to complain about.

WOW!  How quickly these threads go off-topic...  :-)

Jamie

--
Jamie C. Pole  [jpole at jcpa.com]
Principal Consultant

Information Security / Information Warfare / Information Forensics
Comprehensive Law Enforcement & Litigation Support