Convention networks and viruses

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Fri Jul 30 00:17:58 UTC 2004

Good Afternoon!

I'd like to apologize for the inconsiderate statement I made this morning.
It was unecessary and uncalled for.  I should've said it like Eric
Gauthier and Petri Helenius did.  Nicely.

I deal with these things everyday on my network and was just shocked that
any part of a network would be purposely shutdown for an hour and a half
to solve an issue that simple operational (rate-limiting, MRTG, etc, etc)
practices would've prevented.  That is, if the article was even accurate.

It was uncalled for and I apologize to the list members.

scott