2511 line break

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Jul 27 18:52:39 UTC 2004

> So, it *is* possible to use ssh to connect to a 2511, at least a 2511
> with absolutely nothing else to do. Whether or not this will be useful
> will depend on how busy your router is.

as i said in my original post, i am using the 2511 as the terminal
server for a bunch of out-of-band console ports.  works great.  a
lot of folk have been doing the same for a long time.  ssh to the
2511 and then async out to the broken devices.  and you can put a
modem on the con or aux for an other path way in.

i was not recommending using it as a router.  though this one is
participating in my very local (one rack) ospf mesh.

randy